First Receivers Courses
Individuals attending this course are required to have attended a certified First Receivers Awareness course according to their job function
This course covers the First Receiver Operations requirements for hospital personnel who receive patients at a medical facility and respond in a defensive fashion. This course will cover Site-Specific PPE (PERSONAL Protective Equipment), Self and Patient Decontamination as well as Hospital Decontamination Teams and Procedures.
Students will participate in interactive lectures and hands-on exercises involving:
- Decontamination Team Leader - responsible for management of the decontamination operation
- Decontamination Safety Officer - responsible for monitoring the decontamination area for developing hazards and for ensuring team safety.
- Pre-Decontamination Triage - responsible for assessing medical status and prioritizing victims for decontamination.
- Decontamination System Set-up.
- Decontamination hospital attendants.
- Post-decontamination inspection.
- Cleanup and decontamination crew (surfaces, equipment, human and hazardous wastes).
- Other roles that might be performed in the Hospital Decontamination Zone (e.g., patient tracking, assistants helping team members with PPE.
Beaumon, TX. or On-Site
(4) to (24) Hour Courses